Cleanings Tarzana, Los Angeles
Call Cute Smile Dental for quality dental cleanings by skilled dentists in Tarzana, Los Angeles.
Regular dental cleanings protect your oral hygiene and overall health. Cute Smile Dental is a dental practice in Tarzana, Los Angeles, with a singular focus: making patients feel comfortable going to the dentist and helping them achieve a healthy smile.
Why Are Dental Cleanings Important?
Your bi-annual appointment with your dentist isn’t just for brushing and flossing your teeth. When you come to Cute Smile Dental, we perform a comprehensive exam to identify oral health problems that could impact your overall health.
Your dentist will:
- Evaluate for gum disease
- Screen for oral cancer
- Examine X-rays to check for tooth decay or bone loss
Early detection of these issues is crucial to prevent these problems from worsening, which can lead to cavities, receding gums, and tooth loss.
Who Needs Periodontal Maintenance
Periodontal maintenance is similar to routine dental cleaning, but instead of being a preventative treatment, periodontal cleanings address specific oral health issues.
Periodontal cleanings are deep cleanings that patients often receive every three or four months to improve oral health. Similar to regular dental cleaning, your dentists will floss and brush your teeth while removing stubborn plaque and tartar. However, periodontal maintenance can also include scaling a root planing, which is when the dental hygienists clean deep into the gum line to eliminate gingivitis, tooth decay, and other issues.
What to Expect During Your Dental Cleaning
During your regular cleaning, your Cute Smile Dental dental hygenist will check for several risk factors that assess the current state of your oral hygiene and point to signs of gum disease or tooth decay. Here’s what you can expect at your dental cleaning and comprehensive dental exam:
- Cleaning: Routine dental cleanings involve your hygienist removing sticky plaque and tartar build-up from the surfaces of your teeth and below your gum line using special tools.
- Polishing: After your initial cleaning is complete, your hygenist polishes and buffs your teeth to remove surface stains.
- Fluoride Treatment: Your dentist may apply a foam, gel, or concentrated rinse fluoride treatment to protect tooth enamel and fight cavities.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: By putting a dental probe next to your tooth beneath your gum line, your dentist measures the depth of the pocket that forms between your gums and teeth. The pocket depth in a healthy mouth typically ranges between one and three millimeters. Pockets four millimeters or deeper may indicate gum disease.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: Your dentist will check your fillings, crowns, bridgework, and natural teeth for cracks, chips, or degeneration.
What Can You Expect from a Dental Exam?
During your visit, you can expect the following to take place.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Akraa and the team at Cute Smile Dentistry value customer care.
They want patients to feel valued and empowered.