Primary Dental Implants
In Tarzana, Los Angeles
We use innovative dental technology, methods, and equipment to give you dental implants for a long-lasting, beautiful smile.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are a modern, permanent way of replacing missing teeth. Many dental care providers are moving to dental implants instead of using dentures that don’t permanently attach to your teeth. We secure the implants in your jawbone to permanently mimic the function of a natural tooth so you can eat, talk, and smile without the inconvenience of dentures or bridges…all while maintaining the health of your jawbone.
Getting dental implants is a great way to achieve better oral health. Additional benefits of dental implant surgery are:
- Better convenience
- Clearer speech
- Natural, beautiful smiles
- Easier chewing
Without dental implants, people with missing teeth risk putting excess pressure on their natural teeth, contracting gum infections, or dealing with removable dentures.
What You Can Expect During Dental Implant Surgery in Tarzana
Our dental professionals will develop a personalized treatment plan based on whether you need a single-tooth or multi-teeth replacement.
- Thorough examination: We do a dental exam and medical history review to develop a personalized treatment plan based on your needs.
- Pre-surgery preparation: We instruct you on eating and drinking habits before your surgeries (yes, there’s usually more than one!).
- Jawbone preparation: If your bone is too soft or thin for the implant screws, we may need to insert bone grafts to prepare your jaw.
- Implant placement & healing: We will drill holes into the bone to make room for the implant. Then we allow time for your bone to heal around the implant to ensure a strong foundation for your new tooth.
- Abutment placing: When your jaw has healed, we cut open your gums to attach the abutment, or false tooth, to the implant. Then we allow your gums to heal for a few weeks before implanting the artificial tooth.
- Tooth replacement: We create the crown and replacement teeth and connect them to the implant screw.
Who Can Benefit from Dental Implants?
When natural teeth start to decay or are knocked out due to injury or illness, the best solution is to fill in the gaps with artificial teeth. Dental implants help many people who are missing one or more teeth.
Implants might be a great option for you if you:
- Are missing one or more teeth
- Do not want to or are unable to wear dentures
- Have a healthy, strong jawbone
- Have healthy gums
- Do not smoke
- Have no health conditions that prevent healthy bone growth or healing
- Want to improve your oral health, confidence, and smile
Dental implants are available for all ages except children (since their teeth are still coming in). Give our team a call to see if you are a good candidate for dental implants in Tarzana, CA
Professional Dental Implants for a Healthy Smile
Taking proper care of your teeth is easier when you have dental professionals by your side. At Cute Smile Dental, we get to the root of the problem, educate you on it, and give you expert care and advice to prevent it from happening in the future. We offer expert oral surgery methods and technology in Tarzana, Los Angeles. If you’re looking for more than just replacement teeth, we offer a variety of comprehensive dental services, including emergency dental care, preventative care, cosmetic dentistry, cleanings, dental exams, periodontics, and prosthodontics!
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Akraa and the team at Cute Smile Dentistry value customer care.
They want patients to feel valued and empowered.